Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

I love Veteran's Day! It's one of those few days a year that people think, I mean really think, about the men and women who serve our country and allow us to maintain the freedoms we take for granted.  

I was fortunate to grow up in a military family.  No, it wasn't always easy, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.  My dad taught me at an early age to respect our country and what it stands for. 

 
This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad and I, so I thought I'd share it with you today.  My dad served in the US Navy for 25 years, rising to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer before he retired.  Now my brother has followed in his footsteps and is making his career in the Navy.  I am so very proud, and lucky, to have these two wonderful men as my family.  

On this Veteran's Day, I'd like to say "Thank You" to all the men and women serving in our wonderful country's armed forces and also to their families!  God bless you all! 

No comments: