Monday, November 8, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies

I have an addiction from which I never want to be reformed - I love pumpkin and anything pumpkin.  Unfortunately, there was a shortage of pumpkin earlier this year and, as a result, all of my local grocery haunts had empty shelves where the pumpkin once graced.  To say I was sad would be an understatement...  Well, we finally have pumpkin back in stock in the Pittsburgh area, so I have now stocked up (there is a case of pumpkin in my pantry, I shall not be without again!)

So, while at the store the other day, I picked up a package of Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice cookie mix with the intent to not follow package directions and instead use a Weight Watchers trick and add a can of pumpkin puree to the cookie mix.  Yep, no eggs, no butter, no water.  Just cookie mix and a can of pumpkin  How easy is that?  And it's somewhat healthier to boot.  (Now mind you, if you want crispy cookies, this is not the route for you to go, by adding the pumpkin your cookies will be more of a cake consistency.)


Mixing takes a little bit more elbow grease to get everything incorporated.

 Once out of the oven, they sat for a bit to cool.  Here's a tip, however you drop the cookies on your baking sheet will be what they look like once cooked.  These cookies do not expand, so if you want a round cookie take the back of a spoon and in a counter-clockwise motion smooth the cookie out to a thinner and rounder shape.

 Mmm, marshmallow cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, a tiny bit of unsalted butter and pumpkin pie spice!

A couple of the finished cookies, so yummy and they aren't lasting long!  The mix only made about 3 dozen, and after some taste-testing by myself and the boyfriend, as well as giving a bunch to my parents, there's probably 18-20 left. 

No comments: